Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 7 November 2023

TAPESCRIPT OF SHORTPOD (9) SITE SNAFUS AND MOVEMENT KERFUFFLES


Just revisited this old podcast to see what "rubbish" I was spouting back in 2017. All-in-all, I sound quite reasonable and "big tent", which I definitely regret because it made me tolerant of people who, while advocating for the rights of European-descended people, were also irredeemable Nazis and Jew obsessives (Mike Enoch, Greg Johnson) or worse, Putin plants (Daniel Friberg)!!!

Anyway, an intriguing snapshot of the Alt-Right in 2017 and movement dynamics. Read here of simply listen (with subtitles) at YouTube (CLICK HERE)

Colin Liddell, 2023


TAPESCRIPT

Hello this is Colin Liddell the chief editor of Alternative Right and this is designed to be a short five to ten minute long podcast commenting on matters relating to the site and the issues of the day, and today is Saturday the 24th of June 2017. Now regarding the site there's been a bit of a change to the look of things and this was kind of forced on me because the previous set up we had it was working out fine but then a new problem cropped up which was the "read more" links stopped showing for some reason and so basically I had to go into the Blogger back pages and install another template. And this template, it's not too bad, I forget what it's called, but it sort of presents a number of stories with a picture and a headline but without any text or by-lines so it's not it's not exactly ideal, and also it means we don't have the slider feature at the top which I quite liked, and so it's not optimum Alternative Right Blogger site but it's a reasonably good stopgap, and so, when I get time, I'll tinker around with settings and try to get the site looking a bit more like it was a few weeks ago.

Anyway for the time being just focus on the content and focus on the wine rather than the bottle. So moving out from immediate site matters to wider issues of the Alt-Right, the last couple of weeks at least the Alt-Right's been engaged in one of its sporadic bouts of infighting, mainly between the AltRight.com side which is Richard Spencer and Daniel Friberg and the Counter-Currents side which is mainly Greg Johnson and the people around him.

Now I've had associations with both sides. I used to write quite frequently for Counter-Currents, and of course everybody in the Alt-R***t should know about my association with Richard Spencer. And more recently I've been contributing occasional pieces for the AltRight.com site. Now some of the more informed followers of the Alt-Right might also have noticed that we've had a couple of pieces up on Alt-Right News, our sister site, kind of making fun or mock in this controversy mainly from a kind of slightly anti-Counter Currents point of view, and so I guess some people might be wondering y'know where I stand on this issue and and why.

Well, I don't mind being frank and admitting that I do have a bit of a grudge against a Greg Johnson and this basically dates back a few months to when Greg Johnson saw fit to defriend me on Facebook, and y'know this is something he's done with a number of people. It seems that y'know Greg Johnson's way of "building a movement" is to defriend people in the Alt-Right and I think Greg Johnson should try to stop doing that and he should stay in touch with people. I think most of us are quite well intentioned to each other.

I think I have a legitimate y'know grudge against Greg Johnson so I don't mind poking fun at him a little bit, but I'd be quite happy to y'know ally and work with people like Johnson in the future. Now the reason I think Johnson defriended me is because around about that time, it was the period following the famous TRS doxxing and I was less than supportive of Greg Johnson's position on the TRS doxxing. Now and my interpretation of Gregg Johnson's actions following the TRS doxxing was that he saw this as an opportunity, both for himself and Richard Spencer, and that he wanted to get in there first with his "support" for Mike Enoch and Seventh Son so when I was less than supportive of that position he decided to signal very hard about how pro-TRS he was by basically kicking me out of his "golden circle." Now having said that I wasn't particularly supportive of the TRS in the period after their doxxing, I wasn't particularly hostile either. Like a lot of people in the Alt-Right I thought there are a lot of their legitimate question marks and there was a lot of explaining to be done and so I was just y'know stepping back and keeping an open mind on that.

How do I feel about TRS now? Well y'know I used to be part of the TRS inner circle the secret Facebook group, and I never really saw eye-to-eye with Seventh Son or... I quite like to Mike Enoch. I'm not sure why Seventh Son and I didn't see eye-to-eye. I think he he took an irrational dislike to me for, I don't know, various reasons, which y'know it would be fascinating for me to go into but I don't think it would be very helpful to do, so but mainly psychologically driven reasons, not really based on any positions, although of course there are differences regarding positions and tactics and so on, blahdy blahdy blah. Anyway I think it's healthy to have these various ideological differences and differences of opinion and ideas. Of course inevitably a lot of personal antagonisms and petty egoism gets folded into the mix, and that's y' know that's just to be expected, and regarding the basic split between Johnson and the Spencer Friberg camp, I think that the best thing is not to take it too seriously. A lot of this kerfuffle will blow over in time. As far as I can see, there's been something that kind of business divorce between the people at Arctos and the people who used to be at Arctos, which is John Morgan who's now with Greg Johnson. There's going to be a lot of sniggering and name-calling about the gay thing. Now some people are quite fundamentalist on the gay thing. I mean I think Matt Forney surprisingly enough is quite fundamentalist on this issue. I'm less fundamentalist I believe that y'know gay people can be a positive thing in our movement. Also I don't think they're just going to disappear because certain people disapprove of them. I think there is a rationale behind gay involvement in the Alt-Right.

There are legitimate questions to consider when you have a lot of gay people involved in a movement. Gay people are very catty at some level and also whether they want to or not they tend to have a lot of their inside information on each other, which can sometimes lead to an unfortunate and rather twisted networking effect. So there are those issues to bear in mind when you have a lot of gays involved in any movement, and the Alt-Right certainly does have that, so we should be on our guard about that, but we should also be realistic and accept that at a certain level gay people are going to be involved in our movement, and try as much as possible to make that a positive. But right now I don't think I'll be seeing eye-to-eye with Greg Johnson for quite some time, so a little bit of homophobia washing around in the Alt-Right is probably y'know a suitable balancing mechanism. Anyway, so I think I've wasted enough words on this controversy. So, with that, I'll just say over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after it has been checked for spam, trolling, and hate speech.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages