Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 29 June 2021

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT JOHN MacAFEE?

Can't miss?
by Banned Hipster

I had vaguely heard of him, and I listened to the Myth of the 20th Century interview with him, and was extremely unimpressed. It was just rich man’s libertarianism. His notes about government corruption were banal, and he himself seemed to have been just as corrupt as anyone.

There is a certain romance to a libertine rich man thumbing his nose at the world from his yacht full of hookers – who among us wouldn’t want a taste of that kind of life? – but at the end of the day I just don’t see what’s the big deal about him.

I see no reason to entertain the theories about him being murdered or having “the goods” on some sort of government corruption. It seems he just trolled from the grave. He was 75 years old, already a longer life than most. He had no where to go but down, and at 75 it’s not really “suicide” as much as it is “choosing the timing of your own death.” He very well could have just died of natural causes at that age.

I just don’t get the fanboyism. He was mostly unimpressive and uninteresting and his Atlantic accent was grating and affected. I was expecting some sort of nuanced take on things or even some inside information, but all I got was a slightly autistic rich guy leveraging his money and fame for narcissistic supply.

Frankly, I don’t get the appeal of Elon Musk either. The most interesting rich guys to me are Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos. Bill Gates is just a garden variety sociopath whose autism had made him easy to manipulate.

Also published at
Banned Hipster

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I don't think this guy was Epstein-tier. Your cordial enemy Woods interviewed him a while ago.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dFkze8doU

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been checked for spam, trolling, and hate speech.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages